Ingenuity is searching for an Employee Experience/Internal Comms-experienced freelance writer to amplify our work and create teachable content across a variety of channels. We create employee experiences and communications for some of the world’s leading employers and want a creative and imaginative communicator, with a marketing mindset, to join us.
This role could be for you if,
- You’re an Employee Experience Enthusiast and know what content IC, HR and EX leads at Fortune 500 companies read and find useful in their work
- You can tap into your experience in IC, HR or EX to capably create a long- and short-term thought-leadership content plan
- You want to partner with leadership to make the most of the work we create
- You are a self-starter who can thrive in ambiguity, but also appreciate a really solid brief
- You have a marketing mindset and capitalize on opportunities to push content cross channel
This contract, remote role will start out as 100% content creation for agency initiatives, with possible opportunities to partner on Client projects in a strategic consultant capacity.
- Must have Internal Communications or HR experience in a corporate setting; 7+ years preferably within global technology and/or banking organizations
- Excellent writing skills, content strategy and planning experience; must provide writing samples
- Experience writing Internal Communications and HR-related materials—both long- (thought leadership and research reports, webinar presentations) and short-form content (LinkedIn posts, articles, white papers)
- 15 hrs/week commitment, but could be more. No side-hustlers, please.
- Able to join key recurring agency meetings virtually (9:15 EST via Zoom, MWF) among others
- Able to create one EX content topic and translate it effectively across multiple touchpoints
- Partner with internal stakeholders (agency leads, creative team, project management) to develop and coordinate agency thought-leadership and marketing communications; will be primary lead in the writing and editing of short- and long-form communications
- Track the level of engagement with audience(s) over time
- Evaluate and adjust agency communications strategy based on insights and communication effectiveness metrics as appropriate
- Provide advisory support for select projects
- Comfortable being client-facing
Desired candidates will bring:
- Ability to translate complex information and concepts into easy-to-understand copy
- Attention to detail and proven ability to manage complex projects, involving multiple stakeholders from start to finish
- Ability to foster collaboration and establish strong working relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong editing and proofreading skills
- Good working knowledge of the technology and banking industries
- Works independently and is forward thinking; uses critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter and able to collaborate and produce content, remotely
- Must be flexible and able to prioritize projects to meet deadlines
- Willingness to work in Agency project management tool (Workfront)
We’re an Employee Experience agency that strengthens companies from the inside out. We advise and create value-driven employee experiences across the employee lifecycle to help make companies great places to work. We’re proud to have worked with eBay, TD Bank, Splunk, Visa, Gap Inc and Thumbtack, to name a few.
While we all miss seeing each other in person, we have embraced remote work. This role is virtual/remote.
To learn more about Ingenuity, check us out at IngenuityDesign.com or connect with us on Instagram and LinkedIn.
Ingenuity Design is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered. We are committed to making the workplace a more inclusive and equitable place, by building a DEI practice that's rooted in education and collaboration. We have a lot of work to do and are committed to making positive and ongoing change.
We receive a lot of resumes (we really are flattered!), so we will be in touch if we think a future conversation is beneficial for us both.
No phone calls, no Recruiters.
Thank you for your interest in Ingenuity Design!