Ingenuity Design is seeking an ACD, User Experience Designer who can lead, direct and inspire a team to create a big idea and translate it to an outstanding design. This role is for an experienced UX/UI designer who can add value to client briefs, work through requirements, define functional specifications, turn them into wires, and work with a team of creatives to create wonders. While the focus of this role is digital, candidates must have a multi-channel portfolio as they will also lead select offline projects. Jerks need not apply – we are seeking team players who are willing and able to roll up their sleeves, collaborate with a team and check their egos at the door.
- 8-9 years of graphic design and agency experience
- Expert with Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision and proficient Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with CSS and HTML styling, UI/UX site structure planning and responsive design systems
- Able to proactively communicate status, evaluate needs and prioritize tasks
- Working knowledge of web design, web optimization, and mobile usability practices
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Knowledge of wireframe tools
- Competence in concepting and big idea thinking
- Experience as an effective team leader and mentor
- Experience with Agile development process a plus
- Proven strategic thinking skills
- Excellent organizational, communication, time management, and presentation skills
- History of showing initiative and ownership of projects but is confident and generous to let the team learn and enjoy an active role in the project’s success
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Computer Science or related field
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with project management and the development team
- Mock up user interfaces to collaborate with stakeholders to refine specifications and requirements and ensure final designs meet the needs of the end users.
- Work closely with the digital team to go from concept sketches to pixel-perfect prototypes.
- Provide final detailed design specifications and assets for front-end developers to implement.
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches, and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors, and images
Design Team Project Lead
- Lead and direct creative team on projects with or without the CD’s involvement
- Responsible for the development, maintenance, and implementation of various projects
- Lead or guide concepting of multi-channel ideas
- Able to recognize good/bad briefs (not like we write bad ones J) and provide valuable input and strategic direction
- Present your own work and the creative rationale in an engaging and convincing way while remaining open to feedback
- Assist in every phase of a project and create/lead the designs
- Work in a cross-departmental fashion, collaborating with development and account and project management
- Collaborate with the PMO Director and CD on project allocations
- Successfully prioritize and manage your own workload and meet project timelines
- Self-starter who embraces working as a part of a team
- Able to give and receive constructive and effective feedback/direction regarding design ideas
- Outstanding communication skills visually, verbally and in writing
- Have good interpersonal skills, able to work well with fellow designers, other marketing and communication professionals, vendors and managers
- Record time daily through company time tracking system
- Maintain an inspiring, professional, can-do demeanor and demonstrate a strong work ethic
What’s in it for you:
We value a culture of sharing and growth for all employees. Ingenuity Design provides a competitive salary, medical insurance, company paid dental & vision care coverage, 401(k), company paid short- and long-term disability and life insurance, parking/transit contributions, flexible schedules, vacation time that increases with tenure and a generous company holiday schedule.
All employees have a hand in shaping company activities and culture – therefore regular and spontaneous company get-togethers occur, around the company kegerator as well as out and about. Our convenient South Norwalk location places us in the middle of great bars and restaurants near the LI Sound, as well as a quick walk to the train to NYC.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To learn more about Ingenuity, check us out at IngenuityDesign.com or connect with us on Instagram and LinkedIn.
In office position
Tri-State area-based Candidates Only — NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. No Recruiters.<!--EndFragment-->